Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hanging in there without the rope

Today, I had a flashback to my elementary school. Every year in “phys ed” there was the dreaded rope climbing segment. I would really try to climb the rope, but I couldn’t lift my own weight. I kept grabbing at the rope in the hopes I would miraculously start heading upwards. It never happened…I would slip backwards.

It was weigh-in day at Weight Watchers, and I am so close to losing 30 pounds that I can taste it. After a week of walking 16 miles around Washington DC, I was feeling like I was going to hit the magic number today.

It didn’t happen…I actually gained .8 pounds. I can’t figure it out and have decided that I’m not going to dwell on it. My body just doesn’t want to cooperate with me, and I slipped backwards.

The difference between this setback and the rope story is that the rope success never happened but the weight loss will happen. I ran out of time in elementary school and high school didn’t require rope climbing as part of the curriculum. So, I gave up.

I have all the time in the world to lose the weight. Wait and see me do it.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment