Sunday, May 30, 2010

Enjoying a lake view

Every once in a while, I check to see how many postings I have made since I started writing this blog on September 21, 2009. Drum roll….239. Then, I count the number of days that have elapsed since I started writing this blog. Drum roll…252. So, when people ask me about the blog, and I tell them that I write almost daily, I am, more precisely, writing 95% of the time.

Although I didn’t write yesterday, I didn’t take a day off from Claudette’s invitation to walk around Phoenix Lake. For those of you who are not in my Weight Watchers meeting, our leader informally organized a meetup to walk 5K at around a local lake. We would wear a green shirt and find others from her various meetings to keep us company.

I wore a purple shirt and did it yesterday, and my “group” consisted of my husband. We had plans today, so we got up early yesterday morning and headed out to the lake. Unfamiliar with the area, we set off into the great unknown and had perfect weather and a wonderful time. We got home just in time to get cleaned up and head out to a birthday party for our goddaughter, one of a set of twins, who turned four.

I have a picture as evidence to prove I was at the lake…but the better one is of my goddaughter’s smiling face as she blew out her birthday candles.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment