Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Alex!

Today is my son’s birthday, and he is 27. It’s hard to believe that my youngest child is that age now because I sometimes feel like I am still in my 20’s, at least in my head. It’s fun to think back to the day he was born and to remember looking down at him wondering what he would be like when he was “all grown up.” Now, I know and I’m proud of him and that he is my son.

I miss having him with me at Weight Watchers on Tuesday mornings although I knew that once his new job began, he would be back to living and working in San Francisco. The commute to Novato on Monday evenings with dinner and a sleepover has come to an end. He is staying in the program on his own, and I am confident that he will succeed.

Meanwhile, back at this morning’s weigh-in, the good news is that I lost 1.4 pounds for a total of 28.6 pounds in 36 weeks. I am a mere 1.4 pounds from 30 pounds and bound and determined to achieve it in the next two weeks. A bit more activity should push me there.

I’m going to practice singing Happy Birthday now and will…

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment