Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo is one of my husband’s favorite holidays. He enjoys going out for Mexican food and the festive music that accompanies it. Today was no exception, and we decided to celebrate at lunch rather than dinner.

We arrived at El Encanto at about 3 p.m. for a late lunch. It was late by other peoples’ standards but perfect for us. The restaurant was actually very quiet because we were in between the partying. This wasn’t exactly what we had hoped for because there was no music. But, we had a great meal.

Because I am being very careful with my portions this week and trying to weigh everything on my scale, it was a bit difficult to figure out what I was going to eat. I decided to order rice and black beans with one chicken taco. I had the taco without cheese, salsa or sour cream…and even removed the taco shell. I took the shredded chicken, lettuce and tomato and added it to the rice and beans. It worked well.

When I counted the points for the meal I had concocted, I went towards the high side of points on all of the ingredients just to play it safe. After all, even on Cinco de Mayo, I wasn’t getting away with bringing my scale to the restaurant.

Now it’s after 9 and time for dinner. My trusted scale is going back to work, and I am going to pretend that there is a mariachi band in my kitchen.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment