Thursday, May 20, 2010

My patriotic Costco run

Another day, another Costco run. I find myself there more often these days because of Weight Watchers and the desire to buy large quantities of fresh fruit and vegetables for discount prices. And, I live only 10 minutes away.

When I checked out, I was looking at the items I bought as they marched along the conveyor belt. I actually tried to figure out whose stuff this really was because the pre- Weight Watchers me would have owned very little of it.

I left with raspberries, blueberries, tomatoes, Greek yogurt, whole-wheat flatbread, couscous, fresh shrimp, and a cooked chicken. No more large bags of assorted candy, sheet cakes or chips. Those days are “so over.”

My box of goodies looked so amazingly colorful as I unpacked it and put it away. It had a patriotic flare with its red, white and blue theme. I felt like I should salute...but instead, I ate some of it.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment