Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend sizzle

What’s on your schedule this holiday weekend? We have a birthday party, dinner with friends, a golf tournament for my husband, and serious barbecue work now that the weather is turning sunny.

We went to Costco this evening about 7 and lucked out by missing the crowds. We had the place almost to ourselves and loaded up the cart with the usual fruits and vegetables. I also decided to try a bag of Kirkland frozen shrimp because my father swears they are delicious.

I was so into the shrimp that I ordered shrimp fajitas when we hit El Encanto on our way home. It’s the first time I have tried that dish, and I asked the server to eliminate the tortillas. I was presented with a sizzling platter of shrimp, red peppers, green peppers, and onions and a second plate of rice and black beans. Yum, it was great.

Now that I am home, I have had to air out my clothing because the sizzling platter left a sizzling scent on everything. It was a small price to pay for a good meal.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment