Thursday, May 13, 2010

Turning one and walking four

I love Washington DC, and that’s where I am right now visiting my son, daughter-in-law and my grandson. I’m here for his first birthday party.

Today, I left the hotel and decided to walk to my son’s house. It’s two miles away and there is so much to see en route that the time passed quickly. I liked it so much that I decided to walk back at the end of the day. I logged four miles worth of activity points and was pleased with my initiative.

I haven’t seen my grandson in six months and we had a blast together. I realized, when I picked him up to put him in the swing at the playground, that he weighs just about what I lost in weight…28 pounds. I sure didn’t want to carry him around too long because he wore me out. Now, I remember why I was much more tired 34 weeks ago when I started Weight Watchers.

I have taken my two Advil to ward off the effects of the four miles and retired to my bed. Tomorrow is my grandson’s actual birthday, and I'm going to take a walk to his house to celebrate.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment