Monday, May 10, 2010

My "dream" weight

I’m back. If you are wondering where I went, I was right here in Novato, but my computer was in Corte Madera getting a bit of a tune-up. It was tired of my constant use and needed a new part. I was lost without it.

While I wasn’t writing, I was reading. I found a study from the Archives of Internal Medicine that said the average "Dream" weight loss is 38% of the dieter’s current weight. It went on to say that a:
• 31% weight loss would make the average dieter "Happy"
• 25% weight loss would be "Acceptable".
• 15.7% weight loss would be "Disappointing".
I am going to admit that the first dream weight loss is very close to accurate for me if I go back to when I started Weight Watchers. It was spooky to learn that I am like the “average” person who is trying to lose weight.

Think about your turning your dream into a realistic goal. I shoot for 10% at a time, and I am into my second 10%. I am more than happy with my success and will continue to chip away until I am healthy.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, and I’ll see how much healthier I am.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment