Tuesday, April 6, 2010

26.8 pounds lost in 29 weeks...no complaints

Weigh-in day and after missing last weeks weigh-in while in Florida, I was glad to be back. I wasn’t really sure what was going to show up on the scale, as I did my experiment with using all of my 35 points. But, the good news is that I lost .8 pounds for a total of 26.8 pounds in 29 weeks.

Today, the subject of exercise came up in our meeting and somebody mentioned a 5K event that was going to be held in San Rafael on April 25th. Imagine the surprise on my husband’s face when I asked him if he would walk it with me. I’m the wife who never got off the couch prior to joining Weight Watchers. I figured that I walk about three miles round trip when I go to Weight Watchers each week, so I should be able to go the extra distance required in the 5K.

As I am typing this, I’m wondering if the same look of surprise is on my face. I’m actually looking forward to doing this walk, as long as the weather is decent. If it is pouring rain, all bets are off. I’m not a real “jock,” so I get to wimp out during times of extreme weather conditions.

My husband reads all my postings, and I can guarantee you that when he gets to the wimping out part, he will be reminding me that we will be wearing raincoats and walking 5K. He’ll probably get his way.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment