Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Nora

Tomorrow I am meeting my Weight Watchers buddy, Nora, to celebrate her upcoming birthday. I am looking forward to our “date” which is taking place in a local bakery. Now, before you read that line and think, “are you nuts,” let me tell you a little about Nora and me.

We started Weight Watchers one week apart…she got there first. We have lost the same amount of weight, within a pound. We wear the same outfit every week for our weigh-ins because we know that any changes in our clothing could produce an unusual result on the scale. It’s like an athlete who is on a winning streak and repeats some sort of ritual before the big game. You just gotta do it.

Most importantly, Nora shares my belief that we will lose the weight in however long it takes to lose the weight. No deadlines, timetables, events that we are trying to impress people at…it’s for our health.

So, before I see you tomorrow, Nora, thanks for being my friend and Happy Birthday!

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment