Wednesday, April 14, 2010

30 weeks and 27.2 pounds lost...yippee!

Uh-oh…my father just called looking for yesterday’s posting. I actually believed that I wrote one, but it was that coma inducing prime rib loaded with kosher salt that led to believe that I wrote. I didn’t.

Yesterday was weigh-in day and another .4 pounds is gone for a total of 27.2 pounds in 30 weeks. I was pleased to learn that my WW buddy, Nora, was nipping at my heels with 27 pounds gone. We have this little competition thing going on, and I try to stay a little ahead, but the field is narrowing.

Both of us have, however, vowed to stay around for the long haul. As veterans of Weight Watchers in the past, we know that the secret to success isn’t to try to lose the weight while breaking some sort of speed record. Without learning the basics and practicing them, old habits come back and so does the weight.

So, we will continue to meet up every Tuesday morning and chase each other to 50 pounds. And then, I’ll stick around some more to get rid of another 20 pounds. By now, Claudette, our meeting leader, has figured out that she’s “stuck” with both of us for a very long time. Lucky us!

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment