Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stagnant scale...it happens

It was weigh-in day today, and I prepared myself to leave the house at 8:45 to begin my walk to Weight Watchers. As I headed to the front door, a downpour greeted me. There was just too much rain to walk, so my husband drove me there. Of course, by the time we arrived, the sun was peaking out.

I was disappointed that I didn’t walk, and then I got weighed. Nothing had changed since last week’s weigh-in. But, I wasn’t disappointed. What a difference 31 weeks makes in my attitude. The old me would have been thrilled to ride anywhere in the car and annoyed if the scale didn’t move.

I have come to accept the fact that even if I do everything correctly, including tracking everything I eat, there are times when my body will take a break from losing weight. I have had three weigh-ins that I gained a little weight; less than one pound, and this is the third weigh-in that I have stayed the same. So, about 80% of the time, I have lost weight. I’ll take that.

This Sunday is my 5K event, so I’ll get that walk back in again. And, next Tuesday is another opportunity to weigh-in.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment