Friday, April 16, 2010

Post #200...all about meat

There was too much uncooked meat in my refrigerator. That’s what I decided today after getting ready to have my house cleaned by cleaning it myself before Molly Maids arrived.

I had cooked a big prime rib on Tuesday, and we ate leftovers again on Wednesday. Then, last evening, I cooked Costco salmon, for me, and my husband wanted his leftover pizza from Sunday.

That left me with three chicken breasts and an entire pork loin sitting, uncooked, and stamped with April 16, today, as the last date of sale. I know that I probably had another day or two of safety built in, but I wasn’t going to risk it. So, my afternoon has been one big “cookfest” of chicken and pork.

I’m now trying to figure out when to eat all this stuff. I still have one more night of leftover prime rib, one meal of salmon, three meals of chicken and who knows how many meals of pork. I think I might have bought too much stuff from Safeway and Costco this week. Oh, well…we’ll make it work.

Oh by the way, my husband pointed out that yesterday’s post had a gigantic mistake, which is now corrected. But, it was funny. I went on and on about my great lunch sandwich and instead of correctly telling you that the flatbread had 120 calories, I told you that it had 120 points. Believe me, if I were going to eat a lunch with 120 points, it would have included gallons of ice cream and several pies.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment