Sunday, April 18, 2010

A sunny day at Sam's

Gorgeous day in Marin today, and we spent the afternoon sitting on the deck of Sam’s in Tiburon. Everybody that has ever been to our county knows about Sam’s, and I think most of them were on that deck today.

We joined up with about a dozen of my husband’s childhood friends for a mini-reunion. This was the first time I had met most of them, and I enjoyed our outing. I decided it was much easier to go to my husband’s reunion than it would have been to attend my own. I had nothing to be compared to and could sit back and relax.

As I listened to the group’s “remember when” stories, I almost felt like I had gone to school with them. I have heard many of the stories from my husband over the 19 years we have been together.

The interesting food related part of this story came when it was time to order. I have been on Sam’s deck too many times to count and in the past, I ordered a bunch of fried appetizers. Today, it was different. My husband and I split a cheeseburger. There was a funnel of fried calamari right in front of me, and I had one. And that was it…nothing else.

I came home with half of my daily points still available for dinner. And remember, there is a lot of cooked meat in this house, so I needed them.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment