Monday, April 26, 2010

Tick tock tick tock, I screwed up my body clock

Here’s a mistake I made last evening. I was really thirsty from the time I came home from my hike until I went to bed at about 11. The last thing I should have done was to drink a can of diet Coke before bed because I think my metabolism went into overdrive.

By 2 a.m. I had enough of the bed and went out to the couch and played around on the computer. I actually got to see the emails coming in from William Sonoma, Restoration Hardware and about 10 other ones that appear in the night.

By 3:30 I had enough of the emails and went back to bed, which woke up my husband and the dogs. The dogs got into bed, and I was left with about two inches of space.

By 4:00, I was doing that thing that you do when you can’t sleep…thinking about how many hours before it was time to get up and worrying about how little sleep I was going to get.

Finally, sometime after 4, I fell asleep and woke up hourly until I couldn’t stand it any more and got up for good at 8:30. What a disaster.

And now it is 7 p.m. and I am in my pajamas. I am so tired that I can’t see straight but determined to stay up until 10 so that I don’t go to bed so early that I start a whole new body clock that I don’t want to own.

Lesson learned…drink water before bed.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment