Monday, April 12, 2010

What a difference 30 weeks makes

I was thinking about my weight today. I do that occasionally…just like the rest of you. I am getting close to the 30 pounds lost neighborhood, which will leave me 20 pounds until I hit my goal.

What struck me is how different it sounds to say, I have to lose about 20 pounds, versus the old, I have to lose about 50 pounds. A short, 30 weeks ago, I was looking at that larger number and thinking about how I let it get that large. Now, I look at that smaller number and think how far I have come.

I told you that 50 pounds in 50 weeks is my first goal. I actually have another 20 pounds I would like to lose after achieving it. But even with the extra 20, it is still less than the original 50. It’s so gonna happen!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, and I’m cooking dinner. I pick things that aren’t salted on Monday evenings because I still like to know that I’m not hanging onto water weight. But, tomorrow evening, let the good times roll because I’m cooking a great prime rib, which will be coated in kosher salt.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment