Saturday, April 3, 2010

Working those 35 points

The last evening of vacation is coming to a close, and I am ready to go back to my own cooking. I never thought it would get to this point…wanting to do the cooking instead of having somebody else do it.

I went all out at our favorite Aspen restaurant, Cache Cache, and had the fixed price three-course meal. I started with a Caesar salad, and followed that with pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and asparagus. And, the dessert of chocolate lava cake was the topper.

Over the 28 weeks that I have been a member of Weight Watchers, I have rarely touched any of my 35 extra weekly points. As a matter of fact, my average number of daily points is 23, which is three points less than my allowance.

But, this week, since I had started to chip away at the 35, I decided to see what actually would happen at weigh-in next Tuesday if I used almost all of the 35 points. I have 11 left, and will probably still have them at weigh-in, so it will be an interesting test.

I have to admit that after eating that meal, I went back home feeling too full and actually quite lousy. I don’t miss eating that way, but it was interesting to see what it would be like to try it.

And that’s why I am looking forward to my home cooking. It is simple, but I leave the table feeling good. I prefer it that way.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment