Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy belated Easter

We watched the weather forecast all day yesterday, because flying out of Aspen airport in the winter is always touch and go. It was a partially sunny day, so we thought we were home free. We were wrong.

Our flight wasn’t until 5 p.m., so we decided to have Easter brunch before leaving. It was a buffet, and I saved my points for what was surely going to be a lovely afternoon feast. I began with fresh shrimp, followed by roast leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, and carrots. Since it was a buffet, I was serving myself, so I could control the portions.

I also decided that I was going to visit the buffet line three times. Before you think that I was asking for trouble, let me assure you that my usual buffet behavior is to heap the plate with anything and everything that looks interesting and then to go back and repeat the exercise.

This time, I put the shrimp on the plate and sat down and slowly ate them. Then, I went back for the lamb and vegetables. But, I only put half a portion of each on the plate so that I could visit one more time and get the other half. I wouldn’t say it counted as activity points, but it did pace the meal in a much less frenzied way.

By the time the meal was over, it was time to head out to the airport and fly home. But, when we arrived, our plane was delayed several hours due to the weather in San Francisco. Never saw that one coming!

So, by the time we got home last evening, I was ready for bed…and that is my long explanation of why I didn’t write a posting yesterday. But, I’m back with gusto today.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment