Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The biggest loser...at a slower pace

Last evening was the finale of The Biggest Loser. I didn’t watch the program during the season, but the hype on the commercials and some of the talk shows pushed me in the direction of the two-hour finale.

I have to say that I was amazed at the huge amounts of weight taken off in a relatively short period of time. I also have to say that the amount of courage and motivation needed to endure the workouts wasn’t anything that I could imagine doing, even for $250,000. That, in part, is why I have allowed myself as much time as it takes to lose the weight.

In real life, having a personal trainer standing over you for hours at a time isn’t in my future…especially a screaming one. I want to learn to eat correctly, exercise in a way that I can continue doing for the long haul, and most of all, enjoy the rest of what life has to offer. It seems like The Biggest Loser method is another one of those “quick fix” but ultimately really difficult ways to lose weight and keep it off.

I did, however, go to the website after the show and join the Pledge for Pounds. I pledged to lose 25 pounds by June, which translates into a $.14 per pound lost contribution by General Mills to the San Francisco Food Bank. Seems like an easy way to contribute to a worthwhile cause and every little bit helps. You might want to take a look.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment