Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A feast of pears

Home sweet home. I’m back in Marin and settling back into the routine. It was an early morning of goodbyes to my dad, who flew back to Florida, and my sister, but a bit easier than usual because we will be seeing each other again in February.

While I was away, I did my on-line grocery ordering from Safeway, so tomorrow morning, the almost empty refrigerator will be filled again. The constant restaurant dining has come to a close, and I have to admit that I’m ready to go back to cooking. As much as I enjoy a great meal out, it still is more difficult to really figure out the portion size, and the amount of salt that is used in cooking is significantly more than I ever use.

That being said, it’s time to do the last scavenger hunt of the year. The refrigerator is still suffering from its pre-vacation purge, so I will be creating a meal out of bits and pieces of whatever is around. I know that a core element of dinner will be the Harry and David pears that arrived before we left and are now perfectly ripe and ready to eat. The rest is still a mystery.

Good thing my friends at Safeway are loading the truck and heading to my house. I don’t think two dinners of pears will work out.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment