Monday, December 21, 2009

Not moving to Pandora

Today, I had a movie date with my husband and son. We don’t often go to a matinee on a Monday afternoon, but we figured that we had a shot of getting a good seat if we went off-hours. We were right. The theater was empty, and we had our choice of the good center seats.

This is a movie that I thought was worth the $7.00 matinee price. Heck, it was worth the $10.50 evening price…this coming from the woman who doesn’t like science fiction, cartoon characters, or the supernatural. I went to the movie not expecting to like it, but interested in what you get when you invest $300 million to make a movie.

Because I write this blog about weight- related things, I bet you are trying to figure out where this is going. Well, one thing I observed while watching all two hours and 40 minutes of this film was that all of the aliens on the planet Pandora were really skinny. An entire civilization without a weight problem…what a novel concept. The aliens lived off the land and fast food joints were not part of their community.

Just think, if I had grown up on Pandora, I never would have had to join Weight Watchers and wouldn’t have a blog to write. I like writing, so I’m not volunteering to leave the galaxy in the interest of a thinner body. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing. It works for me.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment