Friday, December 4, 2009

Guess who is coming to town...besides Santa

It’s an exciting time at my house. I have waited 20 years for this event to take place and it’s finally coming soon. My sister has decided to move to Novato from southern California, and I couldn’t be happier.

I was the one who originally left the “neighborhood” when I moved out of New York City in 1989 and headed to California with the intention that I wouldn’t be gone longer than five years. I met my husband, established a life in Marin County and just couldn’t go back. Meanwhile, my sister moved to Florida and then to the Los Angeles area three years ago. We were finally relatively close to each other, even though it is still a one hour flight to see her.

Having her make the decision to move north was a surprise to all of us. It’s not like I haven’t asked her before, because I have…many times. But just like making the decision to lose weight is personal and has to happen when one is really ready to commit to it, moving to Marin County had to happen when she was ready to let it happen.

So, a new walking partner is heading in my direction. I can’t wait!

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment