Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reflections on the first 90 days

A while back I told you that I am a firm believer that life moves along in 90 day “chunks.” Whether I am working on business things or personal things, I like plans that look forward in that time frame. So, today I am pleased to report that I have been a member of Weight Watchers for 90 days.

In the first 90 days, I have lost 14.6 pounds, as of my last weigh-in. I also learned a variety of things about myself when it comes to eating that I either didn’t know before or knew but ignored. At the end of every completed month, I share those with you.

I have to tell you that the day I decided to give myself permission to take 50 weeks to lose the 50 pounds, or longer if I need it, was the day that I finally figured out how to free myself from worrying about accomplishing the goal. And, because I only think 90 days ahead, I don’t look at the time period as “forever.”

During the next 90 days, I have trips to Los Angeles and Aspen, plus a Caribbean cruise to look forward to and know that because I started Weight Watchers 90 days ago, I will be in healthier shape to enjoy them.

So, stop worrying that losing weight could take a long time and start thinking that you only have to be concerned with your next 90 days. You’ll feel better…I promise.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment