Saturday, December 26, 2009

My New Year's promise

Well, we have made it through Thanksgiving, and through the events leading up to and including Hanukkah/Christmas, so we are in the home stretch. In five days, we will be celebrating New Year’s Eve and welcoming in 2010. And so begins the promise, that most call a New Year’s resolution, to lose weight. For the majority of people, this resolution starts out with a bang and fizzles out before the end of the first month of the year.

This evening, my father, who is visiting from Florida, asked me what I was doing for New Year’s Eve, as he will be back on the East Coast that evening. That got me thinking about how many New Year’s Eves past that I have made the promise to myself that on January 1, the diet was REALLY going to get started. I was one of those people, in the majority, whose fizz quickly went flat.

This year, I believe that for me and for my fellow Weight Watchers who jumped in before the “trendy” New Year's resolution group, nothing dramatic has to happen. We move forward just like we have been doing since joining. We are the fortunate ones that already have proof that we can lose weight and will continue to do so in 2010, or longer, if the need to lose still exists.

So, get ready to lift that glass and toast our success. It’s just around the corner…I promise.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment