Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ho ho ho...and finish the year with a bang

‘Tis the day before Christmas and all through my house…there is no food lying around. We did an admirable job cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry and now will be relying on the kindness of friends for a bunch of our meals. It was all part of the master holiday plan, and it is working well as far as my Weight Watchers points are concerned.

Last evening, it was dinner at Il Fornaio with friends and a great piece of salmon. Unfortunately, the half that I had boxed for my lunch today is still sitting somewhere in Il Fornaio. With the reverie of holiday cheer, I proceeded out the door of the restaurant and got all the way home before realizing that the box was still on the table. How many times have you pulled that move? I have to admit that it wasn’t my first.

I ate a late breakfast, knowing that the salmon was on hiatus, and will find food again later this afternoon with another group of friends. I have lots of points stored up today, so I can go into the unknown territory of “wonder what they are serving” knowing full well that I can manage whatever it is without fear.

And with that, I wish you all an early Merry Christmas or a late Happy Hanukkah. Remember, that when we see each other at the first Weight Watchers meeting of 2010, we’ll be the ones that are thankful that we started working on our health in 2009.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment