Thursday, December 17, 2009

Helping my Florida friends reach their weight goal

I decided to count the number of “eating out events” I have until January 1st because I know that I’m coming into prime holiday partying season. I have 14 days to work with and nine of them include at least one meal that I am not responsible for cooking. Those nine meals would have attached at least five additional pounds to me if this were last year. Good thing it’s not.

Back in November, specifically November 10, I attended a Weight Watchers meeting in Florida while visiting my father. At that meeting, the group picked a number of pounds that they felt they could each lose between that date and January 1. They picked four pounds. I was counted as part of the group. I just checked my eTool Weight Tracker and discovered that I have lost 5.6 pounds as of my last weigh-in.

So, my nine upcoming eating out adventures are just that…adventures with proper planning and follow through on the program. I’m not going to let down those people in Florida. If I keep up the good work, I can offset somebody who “falls off the wagon.”

Now I have to figure out how to tell them on January 1st…another research project in the making.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment