Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cheap but tasty...and low points

I have a cold and didn’t feel like cooking. But, I was in the mood for take-out from Chipotle, so I asked my husband to do a drive-by pick-up on his way home from work. And, having just finished eating my Chicken Fajita Bowl, I have to admit that it was $5.85 well spent.

Now let’s examine the point structure of my meal. There is a website, www.chipotlefan.com that lets you check off what you ate, and it builds this chart for you:

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 460
Cal from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 115mg
Sodium 940mg
Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugars 5g
Protein 42g
INGREDIENTS: Rice,Black Beans,Fajita Veggies,Chicken (4oz)


I then ran the important numbers through my Weight Watchers eTool Calculator, and it told me that I consumed 9 points. But I only ate half the bowl and saving the other half for tomorrow’s lunch, so I really ate 4.5 points.

It was a low-point, low cost, no clean-up night around my house, and it was yummy!

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment