Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just eight more days 'til...more daylight

In another eight days, the first day of winter will arrive. As one who enjoys the sun, this is a big day because every day after December 21st gives me back about a minute more daylight than the one before it.

I am glad that I started Weight Watchers three months ago, after summer was pretty much over. I have given myself lots of time to take off the weight and can start envisioning next summer, with its long, hot days and my new and improved, healthier body.

For many people, the winter is the time when the extra pounds “arrive.” I think it has a lot to do with the combination of those long dark days and all the holidays that show up at the same time. This will be the first winter in a long time that packing on the pounds won’t happen to me.

So, as I sit inside on this dark, rainy Sunday evening, I have begun my countdown to the arrival of winter and the beginning of brighter days ahead.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment