Friday, January 15, 2010

Celebrate your success

Today is my four -month anniversary of joining Weight Watchers. I realize that I seem to have a milestone to celebrate quite frequently, whether it’s the number of months of membership, the number of pounds lost, the number of inches shrunk and the list goes on.

What is good about milestones is that they break up the monotony of thinking about losing weight as a big chunk of poundage or a long period of time. It doesn’t have to be boring, and I encourage you to measure your accomplishments, small and not so small, frequently.

For me, the act of writing this blog and sharing it with you makes me focus, daily, on my progress. You don’t have to write a blog to get the same benefits. You can write in your diary or journal. You can tell a family member or friend. As the Nike commercials say, “Just Do It.” Celebrate your milestones…and have a great weekend.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment