Saturday, January 30, 2010

Greetings from the land of nod

It’s amazing how jet lag works. I flew home Thursday evening and knew that Friday was going to be a on and off tired day. But, I really was hoping that today I would be wide- awake and raring to go. No such luck. I have alternated between thinking up things I am going to accomplish and procrastinating until I nod off on the couch. I can honestly admit that not much has gone on around my house all day.

My husband is working until 7, so pretty soon I am going to get off the couch and actually execute a meal. Today was Safeway delivery day, so there is food in the house to cook. Now, if I could only get jazzed up about cooking it.

My master plan is to come up with a meal made up of things that can be cooked in the oven. That way, there is less clean-up in the pots and pans department. I find that the Weight Watchers eTool that builds recipes from the ingredients in your kitchen is a big help.

I will be loading in potatoes, carrots, parsnips, tomatoes, and chicken. If the results come back with all of them going into one oven-proof cooking vessel, I will be sending a thank you note to the CEO of Weight Watchers.

Meanwhile, you probably have figured out that by writing this posting, I have procrastinated making dinner. Better get going before I nod off again.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment