Friday, January 22, 2010

Loving my oven

I’m a bit tired of the rain. We need it, and my lawn looks like Ireland, but when it goes on for days, I start looking at pictures of tropical beaches. So, today, during the few hours of almost good weather, my husband and I took a drive around Marin.

As it approached about 5 p.m., he asked me if I wanted to stop and pick up something to eat. He has a business dinner this evening, so it would have just been me doing a “grab and go” instead of cooking for one. I didn’t take him up on the offer and decided to cook and eat alone.

When I got home and after he got going, I was trying to decide what to make for myself. I put a sweet potato in the oven to buy some time while I was deciding. Then, I had a flashback to my pre-Weight Watchers idea of a dinner if I was alone. I would have had ice cream, cookies, and topped it off with cake, if there was some in the house. I would have spaced it out over a few hours, but I never would have turned on the oven.

The flashback ended, and I had pork. I am now going to have some popcorn.

Have a great weekend.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment