Monday, January 25, 2010

Pack the suitcase, Jane

It’s time to pack. I’ve put it off all day and really need to focus on getting it done so I can go to bed. I usually check my suitcase at the airport because when I travel alone, I can’t be bothered dragging it around and worrying about space in the overhead compartment. I am making an exception for this trip because I'm only gone for three days, and I have one hour between connections. There is every reason to believe that I will arrive at my destination and a checked suitcase won’t make it.

So, now the rubber is going to meet the road as I try to pick out items that are “business casual” and fit them into the tiny suitcase. How does this tie in to Weight Watchers, you might wonder? Well, my clothes are smaller now so they take up less space. Okay, it’s a stretch, but I’m going with it.

I am imagining what it’s going to be like when all 50 pounds have disappeared, and my clothes really are that much smaller. I may change my whole philosophy on carry-on luggage. Just think how much money I would save by not checking my suitcase. At $25 a bag, I can start to build a small trust fund off the savings.

Before I start spending the savings, I probably should go back to the task at hand…pack the suitcase, Jane.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment