Monday, January 11, 2010

Granola and bananas

Today was a very long day. Like most Sunday nights, I go to bed thinking about the workweek in front of me and does not sleep as well as I do every other night of the week. I had to get up earlier than usual, at 6ish and head off to an all day video shoot for an upcoming television show that I am doing.

By the time I packed extra clothes, touchup makeup and the props I needed for the shoot, it was time to get going, and I didn’t have time for any breakfast. My last ditch effort to do something was to throw four packages of Nature Valley Honey n’ Oats granola bars and two bananas into my purse and hope for the best.

And so my day unraveled…no time for breakfast, no time for lunch, and I shared the granola bars and one banana with other people at the shoot. By the time I got back home at 6 p.m., I was too tired to do anything but take a nap.

Going into dinner, I had 16 unused points and very little appetite. Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so it will be interesting to see what happens on the scale. I promise to let you know. Now it’s time for a good night’s sleep.

One quick note…check out tomorrow’s Wall Street Journal, either the paper version or online, and you can read all about my big apology in Elizabeth Bernstein’s column on relationships.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment