Monday, January 4, 2010

Fidgeting towards weight loss

The Today Show’s segment entitled, "New Year, New You," was brought “to me” by Weight Watchers. Since I TIVO the show, I paused it and am staring at the tagline, Stop Dieting. Start Living. I think that they are onto something!

Here are the tips that came from the show:

1. Identify and own up to what needs to change. Focus on what your unconscious motivations might be for eating and address them.
2. Copy the characteristics of successful losers. These include:
-Eat a healthy breakfast every day,
-Weigh yourself at least once a week,
-Watch less than 10 hours of TV per week, and
-Exercise, on average, about one hour a day (doesn’t have to be continuous).
3. Write down your goals in weekly parts to make them less overwhelming.
4. Increase your daily “fidget factor.” Pace around when you talk on the phone, park your car a little further from the office or grocery store, or march in place when watching TV commercials.

I am looking forward to my meeting tomorrow, as I missed last week’s meeting (the only one missed since joining) when I was visiting my sister and dad for the holidays. It will be interesting to see what the scale says after my two -week hiatus.

You know you’ll be getting my Tuesday report…regardless of which way the scale goes. Now, I have to begin marching in place before pacing on the phone.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment